Dental Crowns are Available in North Ridgeville, OH
Where Beautiful Smiles Begin!
Comprehensive dental care for the whole family.
This restorative dental treatment is designed to help protect your mouth and restore teeth strength and shape; crowns cover weak or damaged teeth to help brighten your smile. At Center Ridge Dental Professionals, Dr. Arndt and his team will examine your teeth and recommend the most appropriate dental treatment depending on tooth damage.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns or caps are designed to fit over a tooth that is damaged and prevent any further damage from occurring. They can also be used for cosmetic purposes to enhance your smile and boost your self-confidence. Dr. Arndt t may recommend a crown for the following reasons:
- To restore a dental implant
- To protect a damaged or cracked tooth
- To restore the shape of your tooth after an injury, a large cavity, or after a root canal treatment.
- When a dental filling is no longer functional, little of your natural tooth remains.
Types of Dental Crowns
These dental treatment options come in different shapes and sizes and can be made from different materials. Some of the most common types of dental crowns include:
- Porcelain/Ceramic: If you need your front teeth restored, porcelain crowns are a great option. They strengthen and protect teeth while also restoring your smile. Porcelain / ceramic crowns also resemble natural teeth – both in shape and color and can be customized to the exact shape of your teeth.
- Pressed-Ceramic: Pressed-ceramic crowns have a stronger inner lining that makes them more durable than purely ceramic crowns.
- Metal Crowns: Made from semi-precious or precious metal like gold, they provide a long-lasting solution to damaged teeth. Metal crowns are also a great solution for molars where added strength is needed, and cosmetics are not a concern Porcelain-Fused-To-Metal: As a durable and aesthetic cover for damaged teeth, they can be customized to match the color of other teeth.
- All-Resin: A cost-effective but temporary restorative treatment. Resin crowns are less durable, but they can be a good temporary option.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
When done by a dental professional, dental crowns can offer long-lasting protection to your teeth while giving you a beautiful smile. In addition to restoring your teeth’s size and shape, these restorative options have the following benefits:
- It helps enhance your teeth’s appearance
- Enhances self-confidence
- It helps you maintain oral hygiene
- As you bite or chew, crowns help ease discomfort caused by cracked or damaged teeth.
- Strengthens damaged teeth
- It helps in teeth alignment
What Does The Appointment Process Look Like At Center Ridge Dental Professionals?
You need at least two visits. Dr. Arndt and his team will examine your teeth during your first visit and recommend an appropriate remedy. An X-ray may be performed to check the general health of the affected tooth. Once it is confirmed that you need a crown, here is what to expect:
- Your tooth will be shaped in readiness for a crown
- A digital scan of the tooth and adjacent teeth will be sent to a dental lab, where your crown will be made
- A temporary resin crown will be cemented to cover your tooth until your crown is ready from the dental laboratory. to prevent infections before your crown is ready
- During your second visit, a trained staff member will remove the temporary crown and ensure the bite and fit are correct. Dr. Arndt will then cement your new crown into place.
We will then provide dental hygiene tips to help the crown serve you longer.
Get Dental Crowns at Center Ridge Dental Professionals
At the Center Ridge Dental Professionals in North Ridgeville, OH, Dr. Arndt and his team are committed to helping you restore and maintain your oral health. We offer a personalized experience that meets your unique dental needs. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.